North Hastings Economic Development Committee
The North Hastings Economic Development Committee gives oversight to this website. Thank you for visiting us online today. If you would like to know more about us, read our Mission Statement and Terms of Reference provided below. NHEDC is an incorporated not- for- profit organization with Directors from the municipalities and sectors in North Hastings.
Cathy Trimble - Chair - Representing – Carlow/ Mayo
Mary Kavanagh – Town of Bancroft
Avis Price - Vice Chair/Treasurer - Algonquin Arts Council
Dave Naulls – Representing - Wollaston
Libby Clarke - Representing - Tudor & Cashel
Carol Russell - Maynooth & Hastings Highlands Business Association
Tracy Hagar – Representing Hastings Highlands
Greg Webb - Bancroft & District Chamber of Commerce
Jim Thomson - Township of Faraday
Rebbeca Malloy - Loyalist College
Bonnie Weise – Representing - Limerick
Amanda Cox- Representing - Metis
Vacant - Financial Institution
Achieve sustainable economic growth in North Hastings.
To provide a forum through collaboration and partnerships to enhance regional economic development and to advance, assist and foster economic prosperity in North Hastings.
Terms of Reference
- To ensure the continuation of the existing economic base of the area and to seek, encourage and assist viable future economic growth.
- To work in tandem with the initiatives of the Hastings County Economic Development office and Committee.
- To support collaboration with community, business and municipal groups and interests, and to act as a forum for mutually beneficial ideas, actions and information.
- To seek opportunities and to work with appropriate agencies to encourage new economic growth.
- To develop and operate programs which will ensure a workforce capable of serving both the current economic base and future economic growth.
- To work with the appropriate agencies to encourage financial investment in existing and new economic ventures.
- To liaise with existing businesses.
- To support community led solutions to identified economic issues.
Membership shall be invited to reflect all the municipalities of North Hastings as well as those of government, business/enterprises, and community organizations devoted to or concerned with the economic strength of the area
Members are expected to attend meetings on a regular basis; work cooperatively with NHEDC; represent their organization; act honestly and in good faith; and maintain the confidences of the committee.
An Annual General Meeting shall be held each March.
Steering Group – shall serve as a sounding board and coordinating body between meetings of the full group.
The Chair - shall preside as Chair of the Board; report to each Annual Meeting of the
Members - assist in preparing an agenda and supervise that it is followed; perform such other duties as may be determined by the Board.
Vice Chair - in the absence of the Chair, the Vice Chair shall chair Meetings of the Board and perform the duties of the Chair as necessary.
Treasurer - the Treasurer shall maintain and report a financial overview and ensure the proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
Each member present at a meeting of the Board shall have one vote.
The Chair normally shall not vote but may cast a deciding vote to break a tie.
Finances and Accountability
NHEDC is not an income generating organization and must rely upon its member organizations, municipal governments, the County of Hastings, CFDC and various granting agencies for financial support. It is the responsibility of the Treasurer to maintain financial records in such a manner to be accurate, open and available to funders.
Meeting Times and Locations
Meetings shall be held on a set day and time as may be determined by NHEDC or at the call of the Chair. The location of the meetings will be determined and announced by the Chair.
Record Of Meetings
The Chair shall ensure that an agreed written record of each meeting is kept and forwarded to the members.